Sunday 21 October 2007

Asian Domination

Profit: £0.37

Over the last few days I've traded three matches in South Asia: India vs. Australia's final ODI and only Twenty20, and Pakistan vs. South Africa's second ODI. The Asian teams have won all three matches; and though I've made money on the matches, I'm kicking myself for not locking in more profit when I was doing considerably better in the early each of the three games. My initial trades were strong - in each case I was up around £1 regardless of the result - but the trades I made in play were less so. And the way I handled these later trades once they were running was poor.

I'm most cross with myself for two mistakes I made repeatedly:
1. Letting my losses on certain positions run too long rather than trading out for a small loss.
2. Not levelling out the green I made across both teams as soon as I got it, and instead holding out for better odds that never came.

Both are indicative of the same deeper problem. When I've made a good trade, I can get a bit greedy. I want to take a little bit more rather than staying satisfied with the good return I've already made. And as a result I end up losing a lot of the green I've made. When the cricket returns I'll try to cut down on these and hone my trading method.

No comments: