Friday 26 October 2007

Pakistan vs. South Africa

Profit: £0.14

Well, only £0.14 profit, but I'm much more happy about how I traded that match. I missed the bulk of the Pakistan innings at a meeting, but came in just after two wickets fell in one Andre Nel over. I laid South Africa, and watched on as the Pakistan tail put together a great collection of streaky shots. At the end of the innings, I was up if I greened out. I was tempted to watch a couple of overs of the South African reply, but I thought that that was the greed that I'd been watching out for, and so got out. Good call - South Africa got off to a stormer.

I made one trade trying to go against the flow - when South Africa had only got about 50 runs and were already down to 1.2. But it didn't work out, and I did well to cut my losses on the trade - not something I've done very well before. Then when I thought that there was no way for Pakistan to get back into the game, I backed them and held the position rather than trading out.
Generally very happy with how I did it - felt much more on top of things than I have before. But that's no excuse to get complacent - I didn't do as well as I could have, and I can improve those weaker areas of my trading technique.

After the match was over went and tried out British Military Fitness in Hyde Park - personal fitness taken by a bunch of soldiers. I'm pretty fit, but after an hour of that I was defeated, running on empty. But with a warm glow inside that'll persuade me to join up and continue to punish myself with them through the winter.

2 comments:

dip said...

Hi,
Good blog.I also trades only on cricket.My blog is http://findfreelay.blogspot.com
Looking forward for link exchange and more importantly discuss plans on cricket trading.
All the best.
Dip k

Unknown said...

Hi there, I suppose you must be pissed off with Betfair, their charges and customer service and the general lack of competition in betting exchanges. I developed a website: www.betdaqrevolution.com we have a couple of members already even though the site is on for a couple of hours.

Check it out and please do sign in. It would be awesome if you could write something about the website on your blog and try to motivate people to sign in and take part in our experiment. Tell it to people you know as well. I know the website will not do a miracle but anyway it will raise awareness of Betdaq and that something is happening there. Plus it will show to Betfair that there is some resistance and this may make them think twice before any new scams.
You can leave your blog name in the Name section of the “create an account” and I will post a link to your blog next to your name on the list. If you have any comments, suggestions, want to contribute an article please write to: contact@betdaqrevolution.com